FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION
1- WHAT IS A NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE (NDE)?
- A near-death experience, or NDE, is a profound psychological event that may occur to a person close to death or who is not near death but in a situation of physical or emotional crisis.
- An NDE may begin with an out-of-body experience—a very clear perception of being somehow separate from one’s physical body, possibly even hovering nearby and watching events going on around the body. An NDE typically includes a sense of moving, often at great speed and usually through a dark space, into a fantastic landscape and encountering beings that may be perceived as sacred figures, deceased family members or friends, or unknown entities. A pinpoint of indescribable light may grow to surround the person in brilliant but not painful radiance; unlike physical light, it is not merely visual but is sensed as being an all-loving presence that many people define as the Supreme Being of their religious faith.
2- HOW DO I KNOW I HAD A NDE?
- If you have experience some of the events listed above, you can assume you had an NDE.
- This experience in another time/space occupies most of your thoughts as it seems more real than your earthly life.
3- WHAT ARE THE MAIN AFTEREFFECTS?
- Upon your return, you may experience a disappointment at being back, feeling the need to shrink or somehow fit back in the physical body.
- Unpleasantness or even anger or tears at the realization you are now back on earth an no longer on "the other side".
- You want to talk about it but you can't or you are afraid to. You have a sense of loneliness and bouts of depression.
- You are thrilled because you feel privileged to have experience such a miracle.
- You are more spiritual.
- You lost the fear of death.
- You are more thoughtful, cary and emotionally expressive.
- You easily engage in more abstract thinking and you are more philosophical.
- The lifestyle you have now adopted is healthier and more holistic.
- You have new supernatural abilities you did not have before your NDE (empathic, energy conscience, can see future events, you can sense people's inner emotional state, others...).
4- HOW TO GET IN TOUCH WITH A WELLNESS PROFESSIONAL?
- Please visit our page "Healthcare" and click on "find a Wellness professional".
5- HOW TO CONNECT WITH OTHER NDE EXPERIENCERS?
- Please visit our "Experiencer" page and click on NDE Hang Out
6- CAN I SHARE MY STORY?
- You can contact us or share your story at www.nderf.org
You are a healthcare professional and you are interested in obtaining a certification to assist NDE or STE experiencers integrating wholly their experience.
Near Death Experiencers often have trouble integrating their near-death experience and may require support and help to recover and heal in body, emotion, mind and spirit. Family members and health care professionals are generally ill-equipped to deal with the “unusual” after effects experienced. To address this growing problem, this University Based Certificate Program in integrative health was designed.
Goal: This worldwide training program prepares specialists in Integrative Health with a specialty in NDE-AFTER EFFECTS using an integrative approach to learn how to serve NDE’ers, their families, friends, and support health professionals to understand and help those affected by an NDE.